I left my comfy job as an ICU nurse in America to spend 6 months in South Africa working as a volunteer nurse in a longterm HIV/AIDS care center. I have no idea what God has planned for me but this is me sharing my stories and adventures along the way.







Friday, April 22, 2011

IT'S NOT GOODBYE....IT'S SEE YOU LATER

It's customary when a long(er) term volunteer leaves for Living Hope to give them a "farewell lunch".  I hate that it's my turn for that farewell but I wanted to share a few pictures.  It's amazing just to share a room with these folks let alone get to share your life and work with them.  I couldn't have asked for a better send off and I felt such love from everyone.  We shared laughter and a few tears (thanks Amy) but we shared more than that, the love we all have for Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for Living Hope and my time here and everyone who dedicates their lives to helping others in Jesus' sweet name.  Amen.


Ok not my best picture but I'm trying to hod it together.

still trying not to cry and I know John and Avril are looking at me.


this brought me to tears.  amazing.

Now that's a sendoff.



okay so I was able to laugh a bit.



so they made me cry then left me.  haha


I got an awesome cookbook with some SA dishes in it.


Mzo giving advice, or maybe getting advice.






Rock on my friends!  Happy trails...until we meet again...........


Andrea, Nazeema and I.
Sandra blessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment