I left my comfy job as an ICU nurse in America to spend 6 months in South Africa working as a volunteer nurse in a longterm HIV/AIDS care center. I have no idea what God has planned for me but this is me sharing my stories and adventures along the way.







Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A FEW TEARS LIGHTER

  A year and a half ago I stood at the door of the health care center of Living Hope and told my pastor I felt called to come back there and work one day.  6 months ago that blessing was fulfilled.
  Last night I walked out the door of the health care center after finishing my last shift.  I hugged everyone, told the patients goodbye as well as the staff and went to my car.  It wasn't till I looked back at the center and thought of all the gifts God has given me there that I lost control of my heart and the water works started.  Happy tears, sad tears, bittersweet memories.
  6 months seemed like an eternity when I was leaving my job and family in America but it flew by in an instant once I was here.  I have never once regretted being here.  I think this was a true calling from God and I pray that Him willing I will be back here again soon.  I thank everyone who was a part of making this dream become a reality, wether financially, emotionally, or by prayer.  I wish you could share the feelings I have had while I've been here, just one minute to feel my joy.  But don't worry I will have plenty of stories to share when I get back
  Living Hope will always have my heart and the people who are part of it are nothing short of amazing.  I encourage anyone who ever wants to do a short or long term mission trip to check them out.  It will be an amazing journey I promise you.  Those of you who are staying put where you are just check out the website at livinghope.co.za and see how God is blessing us.
  God has given me many great experiences in my life but this is the best gift I've received so far.  I feel if God calls me back here to this great place then I will be back.  But I know if he wants me somewhere else then it must be even greater if it can top South Africa!
  To my friends here I will miss you.  I thank everyone for treating me so well and making this such a great time.   To my friends, family, and supporters at home I am so blessed to have you and I love you and will see you soon.
  God bless.
Tracy

1 comment: